Saturday 13 October 2012

Macaroons!

So here's where my experiments got a bit bigger and better. I went through a phase this summer, where I went a bit macaroon crazy. I went to afternoon tea in the Dorchester Hotel where I tasted my first ever macaroon, and I LOVED IT!

I also went to Lille in France, and visited two bakeries which had lovely macaroons and I couldn't help but buy some from both bakers! I came to a realisation that macaroons are actually quite expensive for just one bite size taste of heaven, and thus my next challenge was to create my own!

I found a macaroon recipe and coloured them pink, and sandwiched them together with some chocolate ganache, with some glitter sprinkled on top. Making macaroons is INCREDIBLY tricky, it was by far the hardest thing I have tried to make, only because so much can go wrong. I didn't have any templates either so making the same size was impossible. I do want to make them again and experiment with some more flavours, so if any one has any suggestions then please let me know! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment