Saturday 13 October 2012

Nothing says Thank you like cake..

Over the summer, I took over my mums best friends company whilst she soaked up the sun for two weeks in Dubai, and oh my, it was the most stressful two weeks of my life, but who knew being a boss was so fun!

In a bid to say thank you for such an amazing experience, I thought I would say thank you with some cupcakes. I bought some duck eggs and I thought I would experiment by using it in a cake... and it was AMAZING, so moist and lovely and rich!

The previous evening I stayed up until the early hours of the morning, making these pretty little roses out of some fondant, I was enjoying it so much that I just kept making more an more!

Some of them need a bit of work but the more you make them, the better you get and better they come out.

Using the duck eggs I made some red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, and topped them with these cute little roses and this was the outcome...


I bought little cupcake wrappers which added an extra little bit a beauty to these cakes. She absolutely loved them, and keeps telling me to start a cake shop, haha if only!!

No comments:

Post a Comment