Saturday 13 October 2012

Strawberry and Chocolate...Heaven

What better in the summer than a punnet of fresh sweet strawberries? I love strawberries, they are by far my favourite fruit, I eat them all the time, with cereal, on toast (A must try!) and just with anything I can. So I made these little beauties in a bid to make some summery and British cupcakes.






I made plain vanilla sponge cakes, cut them in half, filled them with whipped cream and jam and topped them with a strawberry, I melted some chocolate and drizzled the tops of the cakes with the chocolate. I enjoyed them over a cup of tea and a chinwag with the best friend, what a perfect afternoon.

However this was not enough for me, I can honestly say I went a tad bit chocolate crazy. I had some left over chocolate sponge from some brownies that I made a couple of days before hand, and so I decided to make some cake pops dipped in chocolate. Sometimes I really do despise making cake pops, they are so difficult to dip perfectly! So my secret.... just cover the uneven surface with more chocolate!!


No comments:

Post a Comment